The Malawi-Liverpool-Wellcome (MLW) Programme (http://www.mlw.mw) is an internationally recognized centre for research and research training, funded by the Wellcome Programme. In collaboration with the Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS). MLW would like to engage the services of a competent and dynamic individual to work in an exciting Research Programme at the MLW Research facility as it is expanding.
House Keeping Supervisor- 1 post, based in Blantyre (initial 7 months contract with a possibility of an extension).
Reporting to the Head Housekeeper, the incumbent will be responsible for general housekeeping supervision, ensuring that the standards of cleanliness are met, assigning tasks, inspect work to ensure it’s up to standard.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Day-to-day supervision of Housekeepers, laundry attendants, and gardeners.
- Checking the cleanliness of all MLW spaces and surroundings ensuring that the correct procedures of cleaning are being followed.
- Supporting head housekeeper with report preparation.
- Ordering and issuing of supplies for the housekeeping section.
- Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Supervise Cafeteria activities and liaise with MLW staff on daily basis.
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas.
- Supervising and participating in the appraisal of housekeepers.
- Diploma in Hospitality / Housekeeping with a minimum of 2 years’ work experience as a housekeeping Supervisor or similar role.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of computer
- Hands-on experience with cleaning and maintenance tasks for large organizations
- Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products
- Excellent organizational and team management skills
- Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Remuneration and Benefits
MLW offers an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary package commensurate with the position, a medical aid scheme, 24 hours insurance cover, a pension scheme, and gratuity benefits redeemable once every year, among others.
MLW also offers opportunities such as scholarships, upgrading, and training opportunities to employees. These are based on successful job performance and other set criteria.
MLW recognises its responsibility in safeguarding and protecting communities, research participants, patients, and students with whom MLW is working. Referees and employers will be contacted and asked about safeguarding issues.
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications with copies of relevant certificates, 3 contactable referees, and a detailed CV to the address below or email to email@example.com
The Human Resource Manager
Malawi-Liverpool –Wellcome Trust
P.O. Box 30096
To arrive no later than the 29th of July 2022, only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.