The Malawi-Liverpool-Wellcome (MLW) Programme (http://www.mlw.mw) is an internationally recognized centre for research and research training, funded by the Wellcome Trust. In collaboration with the Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS), MLW would like to engage the services of a competent and dynamic individual to work in an exciting Research Programme at the MLW Research facility as it is expanding.
The Active Prevention and Treatment of Maternal Sepsis (APTsepsis) study is a multi-country study which will seek to examine if the APT-Sepsis programme is clinically and cost-effective at reducing infection related maternal mortality and severe maternal morbidity. We will also seek to understand the implementation of the programme through a careful process evaluation. The study will be conducted in 30 sites across Malawi, which includes district and rural or community hospitals.
The post holder will join the maternal and fetal health group under the Active Prevention and Treatment of maternal sepsis study (APT-Sepsis). The responsibilities also include facilitating study related trainings, conducting mentorship and supervision to study sites, supporting study sites research assistants, maintaining accurate documentation and record keeping according to study protocol, ICH-GCP, Regulatory Authorities and MLW procedures.
- Facilitating study related trainings across the sites
- Mentoring and supervising study research assistants in data collection
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation of study data (e.g source documents, CRFs, screening and enrolment logs).
- Conducting data quality assessment in study sites
- Collaborate with Ministry of Health staff, study team and other research partners during the trial period.
- Participate in community engagement as deemed necessary.
- Ensure adequate and proper use of study resources.
- Maintain professional conduct and working relationship all the time.
- Attend and contribute to relevant training programmes, field coordination meetings, seminars and meetings both external and internal as available and as requested.
- Identify knowledge and skills gaps and develop an effective training plan.
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the trial coordinator
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery technician, registered with the Nurses and Midwives council of Malawi.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Experience of using electronic data capture systems.
- Experience in facilitating health related program trainings
- Experience in working in a maternity unit
- Understanding of the ethical principles underlying conduct of research
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and with people at all levels.
- Able to work flexibly
- Self-motivated and able to deliver results and work out of hours when required to complete tasks.
- Excellent communications skills.
Remuneration and Benefits
MLW offers an attractive remuneration package which includes a competitive salary package commensurate with the position, a medical aid scheme, 24 hours insurance cover, pension scheme, gratuity benefits redeemable once every year, among others.
MLW also offers opportunities such as scholarships, upgrading and training opportunities to employees. These are based on successful job performance and other set criteria.
MLW recognizes its responsibility in safeguarding and protecting communities, research participants and patients. Please note that successful candidates will be requested to undergo a safeguarding check prior to appointment and at regular time points during employment.
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications with copies of relevant certificates, three (3) contactable referees and a detailed CV to this email email@example.com. Indicate the job-title and your name in the subject line. Please make sure that all the attachments are saved in your name.
To arrive no later than the 20thAugust, 2022, only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.