To transfer research data from electronic, printed or written documents to electronic database format, and perform checks on the quality of the data provided and entered into databases.
- To enter data into research databases.
- To transfer data from electronic sources into research databases and alternative database formats when necessary.
- To design electronic database tables and forms to be used for data entry.
- To run procedures for identification of data entry discrepancies (differences), check listed discrepancies against source data documents for research studies and make necessary corrections to data in databases.
- To maintain Case Record Forms, other research data documents and Project Data Management files in an orderly manner.
- To raise queries on missing, illegible or inconsistent data recorded on Case Record Forms and other research data documents.
- To run validation cross-checks and provide subsets or summaries for data in databases as specified by an Investigator, the Data Manager or the Statistician.
- To liaise with the Data Manager and the Principal investigator, or his/her appointee in addressing queries raised in bullets 4 and 6 above.
- To assist in the development and/or review of Standard Operating Procedures
- To perform any other data related duties, as assigned by the Data Manager or Statistician.
- To assist with the training of research project team members in data processing.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Take full responsibility for ensuring a safe work environment by always following health and safety rules for colleagues, study participants and oneself.
Keep up to date and maintain awareness of all Health and Safety issues by fulfilling the following:
- Attending the scheduled quarterly Health & Safety sensitization trainings at least once a year.
- Attend a Health and safety induction during the first week of employment, signing acknowledgement and keep abreast of the MLW Health and Safety Policies and their updates.
- Attend and be updated in Good Clinical Practice.
- Failure to abide by the Health & Safety protocols and putting one-self, colleagues and Study participants at risk and failure to attend 1 Health & Safety session a year, will lead to disciplinary action.
- All staff are employed under the MLW Programme and are ultimately responsible to the Programme whether directly employed under the Core Grant, a research fellowship or project grant. All staff are expected to be flexible and may be required to contribute to the activities of the Core Programme or another project(s).
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Computer Studies and MSCE with credit in mathematics and English.
- Experience working with mobile data collection platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills, with an ability to identify and resolve issues and prioritise workloads working with minimal supervision.
For more detailed information of the job, please visit the MLW website, www.mlw.mw
Remuneration and Benefits
MLW offers an attractive remuneration package which includes a competitive salary package commensurate with the position, a medical aid scheme, 24 hours insurance cover, pension scheme, gratuity benefits redeemable once every year, among others.
MLW also offers opportunities such as scholarships, upgrading and training opportunities to employees. These are based on successful job performance and other set criteria.
MLW recognizes its responsibility in safeguarding and protecting communities, research participants and patients. Please note that successful candidates will be requested to undergo a safeguarding check prior to appointment and at regular time points during employment.
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications with copies of relevant certificates, 3 contactable referees and a detailed CV to this email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position title as the heading of your email. Hand-delivered applications will not be processed.
To arrive no later than the 7th February 2023, only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.