Who we are
We are working on a strategy to underpin the Population Health Theme and would like this to be as collaborative as possible, including input from the early- and mid-career researchers who may potentially be aligned to the Population Health Theme and who we see as potential future leaders.
What we (will) do
- Through shared learning, training, and development, support an emerging pipeline of world-leading Malawian research leaders in population health methodologies.
- Support outstanding collaborative funding applications to deliver world-leading population health research.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of MLW by advocating for emphasis on Population Health strategic appointments, resourcing, and infrastructure.
- Develop and advance MLW and global expertise in population health research methods relevant to low-income settings, particularly:
– High-resolution surveillance, epidemiology, and geospatial statistics to inform better-targeted delivery of health interventions
– Randomised trial designs, implementation, and analysis methods to rapidly evaluate promising health interventions
– Health economics, policy, and implementation science to scale up interventions and measure impact